Tata Motors says that the left headlamp of the Nexon EV was changed at an unauthorized workshop which resulted in a short circuit.
After a video surfaced earlier this week, a Tata Nexon EV fire in pune Tata Motors issued an official statement based on the investigation of the incident. Tata Motors claimed that the repair work on the said Nexon EV was done at an unauthorized workshop, which led to the short circuit.
- All occupants of the affected Nexon EV are said to be safe
- Left headlamp of Nexon EV modified at an unauthorized workshop: Tata Motors
- This is not the first incident of Nexon EV catching fire in India
Tata Motor’s response to Nexon EV catching fire
The incident took place on April 16, 2023 and all the occupants are said to be safe. The video shows a Tata Nexon EV stuck in the middle of a road with extensive damage to its front left side, while firefighters can be seen dousing the fire with water.
The company claimed that a headlamp repair on the said Nexon EV was done at an unauthorized workshop, which was done improperly, and resulted in a short circuit.
In its statement, Tata Motors said: “We understand that this vehicle has recently undergone repairs in which the left headlamp was replaced at an unauthorized workshop. Over an extended period, it was found to have a short and stuck heat Caused it. There were deficiencies in the fitment and repair process at the unauthorized workshop, which led to a thermal incident due to electrical fault in the headlamp area. The affected area is concentrated only in the area of repairs carried out. We stand ready to provide all assistance required Stay connected with the customer.”
The carmaker urged its customers to get their vehicles serviced or repaired only at authorized Tata Motors workshops to avoid such accidents.
This is not the first incident of EV catching fire
However, this is not the first case of Nexon EV catching fire. Last year in June, there was another incident of Tata Nexon EV catching fire in Maharashtra’s Vasai. After the incident went viral on the internet, Tata Motors had said that it was looking into the matter and the Central Government has also started its own probe. you can Read more about it here,
There have been several fire accidents involving electric two-wheelers in the past, raising safety concerns. Although, this is not very common with electric four-wheelers, this is only the second reported instance of a mainstream EV catching fire in India.
For a deeper understanding of EV fire, Click here,
Opinion: Many lessons remain on the EV fire
Opinion: Design, quality and EV Fire
This news is auto-generated through an RSS feed. We don’t have any command over it. News source: Multiple Agencies: Autocar India, hindustantimes, economic times, autonews